Why should you attend?
ISO 14001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Environmental Management System (EMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for ISO 14001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Environmental Management System (EMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Environmental Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with EMS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Environmental Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Environmental Management
- Understand the operations of an Environmental Management System (EMS) based on ISO 14001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 14001, ISO 14040 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 14001 in the context of an EMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in EMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 14001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Day 1: Introduction to Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and ISO 14001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The ISO 14001 Lead Auditor exam fully meets the requirements of the Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Environmental Management System (EMS)
Domain 2: Environmental Management System (EMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 14001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 14001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 14001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 14001 audit program
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credential listed below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
- ISO 14001 Provisional Auditor
- ISO 14001 Auditor
- ISO 14001 Lead Auditor
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free