Why should you attend?
ISO 14001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Environmental Management System (EMS) based on ISO 14001. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Environmental Management Systems, consequently reducing an organization’s negative environmental impacts and improving its overall performance and efficiency.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Environmental Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for ISO 14001 Lead Implementer credential. By holding a Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement ISO 14001 in an organization.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in Environmental Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Environmental Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with EMS requirements
- EMS team members
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 14001, ISO 14040 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an EMS
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 14001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an EMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Environmental Management System best practices
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation of an EMS
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understating of ISO 14001 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 14001 and initiation of an EMS
Day 2: Plan the implementation of an EMS
Day 3: Implementation of an EMS
Day 4: EMS monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The ISO 14001 Lead Implementer exam fully meets the requirements of the Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Environmental Management System (EMS)
Domain 2: Environmental Management System (EMS)
Domain 3: Planning an EMS implementation based on ISO 14001
Domain 4: Implementing an EMS based on ISO 14001
Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an EMS based on ISO 14001
Domain 6: Continual improvement of an EMS based on ISO 14001
Domain 7: Preparing for an EMS certification audit
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credential listed below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
- ISO 14001 Provisional Implementer
- ISO 14001 Implementer
- ISO 14001 Lead Implementer
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free