Why should you attend?
ISO 45001 is the first global Occupational Health and Safety Management System standard that replaces OHSAS 18001. The ISO 45001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a Certified ISO 45001 Lead Auditor credential. By holding a Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Occupational Health and Safety Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with OHSMS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Occupational Health and Safety Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Understand the operations of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) based on ISO 45001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 45001 other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 45001 in the context of an OHSMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in OHSMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 45001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Day 1: Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) and ISO 45001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The ISO 45001 Lead Auditor exam fully meets the requirements of the Examination Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS)
Domain 2: Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 45001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 45001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 45001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 45001 audit program
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credential listed below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
- ISO 45001 Provisional Auditor
- ISO 45001 Auditor
- ISO 45001 Lead Auditor
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free