ISO 55001 – Asset Management Systems Certification
The ISO 55001 standard guides businesses to control and manage the life-cycle of an asset. Depending on the type of the asset, the life-cycle of assets goes throughout different stages such as acquisition, construction, operation, and maintenance. Hence, ISO 55001 can be applied to all sizes or businesses and all types of assets.
Organizations that have adopted ISO 55001 realized huge benefits after its implementation. The standard will help towards the boost of organization’s efficiency and effectiveness of the system and most importantly reach objectives by focusing on risk and cost.
Benefits of ISO 55001 certification to your organization:
- Improved performance of an asset management and control of its life-cycle
- Reduced risks and costs related to assets ownership
- Identifies and encourages more efficient and time saving processes
- Provides and maintains business growth
- Improved organizations performance
- Improved quality of products and/or services
- Planned long term investment opportunities
- Improved communication and relation among departments
- Improves the reputation of the organization
Benefits of ISO 55001 certification to your customers:
- Improved quality and services sustainability
- Managed risk
- Reduces costs
- Increased credibility
- Fewer returned products and complaints
ISO 55001 certification (also known as “registration”), is a third-party audit performed by a certification body such as CFC who, upon verification that an organization is in compliance with the requirements of ISO 55001, will issue an ISO 55001 certificate. This certification is then maintained through regularly scheduled annual surveillance audits by the registrar, with re-certification performed on a triennial basis.