Why should you attend?
ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor training enables you to effectively lead a laboratory towards ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation by enhancing your understanding of the quality, administrative and technical operations. This training course will equip you with the necessary skills and expertise to plan and lead an ISO/IEC 17025 assessment.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master assessment techniques and become competent to assess compliance with the principles and requirements of a Quality Management System and technical demands of ISO/IEC 17025.
After mastering the necessary concepts about the assessment of this standard, you can sit for the exam and apply for a ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor” credential. By holding a Lead Assessor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities to assess the competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Individuals who want to become assessors for an ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation Body
- Assessors seeking to perform Testing and Calibration Laboratory competence assessment
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an ISO/IEC 17025 assessment
- Laboratory technicians responsible for maintaining conformance with requirements for the competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for Testing and Calibration Laboratories competence assessment
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of the ISO/IEC 17025 to assess a Quality Management System for Testing and Calibration activities
- Understand the operations of Testing and Calibration Laboratories based on ISO/IEC 17025
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 9001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the assessor’s role to: plan, lead, and follow-up on assessments and accreditation
- Acquire the competencies of an assessor to: plan an assessment, lead an assessment, draft reports, and follow-up on an assessment in compliance with ISO/IEC 17011 requirements
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in Testing and Calibration Laboratories competence assessment
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 17025 and comprehensive knowledge of assessment principles.
Day 1: Introduction to Laboratory Management Systems (LMS) and ISO/IEC 17025
Day 2: Principles, preparation and launching of an assessment
Day 3: On-site assessment activities
Day 4: Closing the assessment
Day 5: Certification Exam
The ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor exam fully meets the requirements of the Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Laboratory Management System (LMS)
Domain 2: Laboratory Management System (LMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental assessment concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO/IEC 17025 assessment
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO/IEC 17025 assessment
Domain 6: Closing an ISO/IEC 17025 assessment
Domain 7: Managing an ISO/IEC 17025 assessment program
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credential listed below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
- ISO/IEC 17025 Provisional Assessor
- ISO/IEC 17025 Asessor
- ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- A training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free