Why should you attend?
ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager training enables you to acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing an Information Security Incident Management plan based on ISO/IEC 27035. During this training course, you will gain a comprehensive knowledge of a process model for designing and developing an organizational incident management plan. The compatibility of this training course with ISO/IEC 27035 also supports the ISO/IEC 27001 by providing guidance for Information Security Incident Management.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Information Security Incident Management, you can sit for the exam and apply for a ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager credential. By holding a Lead Incident Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to support and lead a team in managing Information Security Incidents.
Who should attend?
- Information Security Incident managers
- IT Managers
- IT Auditors
- Managers seeking to establish an Incident Response Team (IRT)
- Managers seeking to learn more about operating effective IRTs
- Information Security risk managers
- IT system administration professionals
- IT network administration professionals
- Members of Incident Response Teams
- Individuals responsible for Information Security within an organization
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods, tools and techniques that enable an effective Information Security Incident Management according to ISO/IEC 27035
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27035 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Acquire the expertise to support an organization to effectively implement, manage and maintain an Information Security Incident Response plan
- Acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices of Information Security Incident Management
- Understand the importance of establishing well-structured procedures and policies for Incident Management processes
- Develop the expertise to manage an effective Incident Response Team
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation of an Information Security Incident Management plan
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27035 and comprehensive knowledge of Information Security.
The ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager exam fully meets the requirements of the Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Incident Management
Domain 2: Information Security Incident Management best practices based on ISO/IEC 27035
Domain 3: Designing and developing an Organizational Incident Management process based on ISO/IEC 27035
Domain 4: Preparing for Information Security incidents and implementing an Incident Management Plan
Domain 5: Enacting the Incident Management Process and handling Information Security Incidents
Domain 6: Performance measurement and monitoring
Domain 7: Improving the Incident Management processes and activities
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credential listed below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
- ISO/IEC 27035 Provisional Incident Manager
- ISO/IEC 27035 Incident Manager
- ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free