Why should you attend?
OHSAS 18001 Foundation training enables you to learn the basic elements to implement and manage an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) as specified in OHSAS 18001. During this training course, you will be able to understand the different modules of an OHSMS, including OHSMS policy, procedures, performance measurements, management commitment, internal audit, management review and continual improvement.
After completing this course, you can sit for the exam and apply for a OHSAS 18001 Foundation credential. A Foundation Certificate shows that you have understood the fundamental methodologies, requirements, framework and management approach.
Who should attend?
- Individuals involved or concerned with Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS)I
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Understand the elements and operations of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System and its principal processes
- Acknowledge the correlation between OHSAS 18001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and management of an OHSMS
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
Day 1: Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) concepts as required by OHSAS 18001
Day 2: Occupational Health and Safety Management System requirements and Certification Exam
The OHSAS 18001 Foundation exam fully meets the requirements of the Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS)
Domain 2: Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS)
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for OHSAS 18001 Foundation Certification
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free