OHSAS 18001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Certification
OHSAS 18001 certification is a professional certification that boosts organization’s reputation by demonstrating that they hold a certified Occupational Health and Safety Management System. An effective Occupational Health and Safety Management System promotes a safe and healthy working environment, by providing a framework that allows your organization to identify and control its Health and Safety Management System, and improve the overall performance.
Implementing the OHSAS 18001 with the world’s known independent third party such as CFC can help your organization demonstrate commitment in maintaining an effective Health and Safety Management System.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 certification to your company:
- Eliminates or minimizes risk to employees
- Contributes in a healthier and safer working environment
- Demonstrates confidence in your organization
- Reduces risks through on-site accidents
- Ensures legislative and regulatory compliance
- Reduces the likelihood of prosecutions and fines
- Greater involvement in environmental safety from employees
- Increases stakeholder confidence with internationally acknowledged standard
- Promotes new effective procedures and processes
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 certification to your customers:
- Improved quality and of services
- Established trust and credibility
- Reduced complaints
- Cost savings for rework, damages, and waste
OHSAS 18001 certification (also known as “registration”) is a third-party audit performed by a certification body such as CFC who, upon verification that an organization is in compliance with the requirements of OHSAS 18001, will issue an OHSAS 18001 certificate. This certification is then maintained through regularly scheduled annual surveillance audits by the registrar, with re-certification performed on a triennial basis.